Important: Pursuant to the terms of the settlement agreements with the Retiree Committee and LTD Committee (the “Settlement Agreements”) and the bankruptcy court’s orders approving the Settlement Agreements, the U.S. Debtors have terminated the Retiree Welfare Plans and the LTD Plans, as defined under the Settlement Agreements, in their entirety and have discontinued the provision of benefits thereunder as of June 30, 2013. The information on this site is available solely for purposes of filing claims for the payment or reimbursement of benefits incurred under the Retiree Welfare Plans and the LTD Plans prior to June 30, 2013 in accordance with and subject to the terms of the relevant benefit plans and the Settlement Agreements. For more information on the Settlement Agreements, please visit the site for “Former Employees.”.
2013 Annual Enrollment
To get the most out of Nortel’s benefits and our online resources, you need to take action. It’s up to you to evaluate your options and choose the benefits that make the best sense for you and your family. The external www.nortel-us.com/current/ site contains resources and tools to help you understand your benefits choices and make the right decisions and get answers 24/7.
A few reminders:
- If you do not enroll, most of your 2012 selections will be the default for 2013. There is one exception:
- If you elect to cover a spouse/domestic partner under the medical plan, you will automatically be charged the $50 per-pay-period spousal/domestic partner access fee in 2013, unless you certify or recertify before November 21, that your enrolled spouse/domestic partner doesn’t have access to other employer-provided medical coverage. Per plan rules, you must recertify before each new plan year. The spousal/domestic partner certification can be found on the enrollment form mailed to employees.
- Because of the current situation at Nortel, the choices you’ve made in previous years may no longer be best for you. www.nortel-us.com/current/ contains information to help you choose the right plans.
- You may also want to start now to explore potential alternatives, as some spousal plans may not allow transfers or changes during a plan year.
Changes to the benefit Plans for 2013 are summarized below:
- The CIGNA Well Aware Disease Management Program is being phased out as of December 31, 2012. Please note that participants will not receive any additional coaching calls under this program after December 31, 2012.
- All other plan provisions and premiums will remain the same:
For retirees, learn about your benefits in the Retiree Annual Enrollment Guide.